National Catholic Schools Week is an annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. The theme for the National Catholic Schools Week 2019 is “Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.” It is a joint project of the National Catholic Educational Association.
National Catholic Schools Week will take place from January 27 through February 2, 2019. Prospective families are invited to meet teachers, speak with administrators, students, and parent ambassadors.
“Catholic schools not only change lives, but our students change the world. Our world is in desperate need of leaders that have a strong moral compass, that are formed in the faith, that will make good decisions for the people that they serve,” said Dr. Erin Barisano, superintendent of Catholic schools, Diocese of Orange.
Diocese of Orange Catholic school students experience the benefits of rigorous academics, 1:1 technology, individualized instruction, and a focus on STEM and fine arts. Students explore their gifts and grow in their talents through various leadership and service learning opportunities, athletics, academic decathlon, and after-school enrichment programs. Students and their families are invited to grow in their faith through prayer, the sacraments, retreats, and field trips. While our school communities especially honor the Catholic faith, students from other faith traditions are welcome.
Established in 1976, the Diocese of Orange encompasses 59 parishes and three Catholic centers serving the more than 1.5 million Catholics in Orange County. All schools in the diocese are full-term accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA). The Orange Catholic Foundation has supported Catholic education in the Diocese of Orange and granted $5.8 million in the past five years for tuition assistance.
Catholic Schools Week school open houses:
- St. Catherine’s Academy, Anaheim – Jan. 27, 12 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- St. Justin Martyr, Anaheim – Jan. 27, 8 a.m-12 p.m.
- St. Angela Merici School, Brea – Jan. 27, 9 a.m.-10 a.m.
- St. Pius V School, Buena Park – Jan. 27, 10:15 a.m.
- St. John the Baptist School, Costa Mesa – Jan. 27, 2 p.m.- 4 p.m.
- St. Joachim School, Costa Mesa – Jan. 27, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- St. Irenaeus School, Cypress – Jan. 27, 11 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
- St. Julianna Falconieri School, Fullerton – Jan. 27, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- St. Columban School, Garden Grove – Jan. 27, 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Christ Cathedral Academy, Garden Grove – Jan. 27, 10:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
- Sts. Simon and Jude School, Huntington Beach – Jan. 27, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- St. Bonaventure School, Huntington Beach – Jan. 27, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- St. Catherine of Siena, Laguna Beach – Jan. 31, 5 p.m.-7:30 p.m. and Feb 6, 9:30 a.m.
- St. Anne School, Laguna Niguel – Jan. 24, 9 a.m.
- St. Hedwig School, Los Alamitos – Jan. 27, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Our Lady Queen of Angels, Newport Beach – Jan. 27, 9:30 a.m.- 11 a.m.
- St. Norbert School, Orange – Jan. 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Holy Family Cathedral School, Orange – Jan. 27, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- La Purisima Catholic School, Orange – Jan. 27, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- St. Joseph School, Placentia – Jan. 27, 9 a.m-1 p.m.
- St. Junipero Serra School, Rancho Santa Margarita – Jan. 27, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Our Lady of Fatima, San Clemente – Jan. 27, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- St. Barbara School, Santa Ana – Jan. 27, 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- St. Polycarp School, Stanton – Jan. 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- St. Cecilia School, Tustin – Jan. 27, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- St. Jeanne de Lestonnac School, Tustin – Jan. 30, 9 a.m.
- Blessed Sacrament School, Westminster – Jan. 27, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School, Yorba Linda – Jan. 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.